Men and women tend to suffer from a set of different health concerns. While they’re different and equally perturbing, women are more likely to be victims of severe health problems as compared to males. Statistically, females are highly prone to heart attacks and depression too. Hence, here are the top three health problems that women should be concerned about and their remedies.
1) Breast Cancer:
Breast cancer is the most widely spreading form of cancer, affecting females globally. Symptoms of breast cancer include lumps forming in the breast, discharge of blood from the nipples, deformation of nipples, change in shape or texture of the breasts.
Females may experience discomfort, inverted nipple/s, lumps or nipple discharge, swollen lymph, redness and thickening of the skin.
Remedies and treatments for breast cancer are listed below-
- Treatment depends on the stage of the disease. It consists of chemotherapy, hormone therapy, surgery, radiation therapy.
- Under surgeries, options include- mammaplasty, tissue expansion, lymph node dissection, lumpectomy and mastectomy.
- Medications are as follows- oestrogen modulator, chemotherapy, hormone-based chemotherapy and bone health.
- Heart diseases:
It generally seems like heart diseases affect men more severely, but it affects males and females almost equally.
The symptoms that lead to heart disease include high blood pressure, high cholesterol or smoke.
- The most common types of heart diseases include coronary heart disease where there is damage in the heart’s major blood vessels. Treatments for the same include self-care like physical exercise, quitting smoking, low-fat diet and weight loss, medications, medical procedures and surgeries.
- Next is high blood pressure or hypertension, which is a condition where the force of the blood against the artery walls is too high. The treatments include self-care, healthy food habits and medication.
- The worst form of heart disease- cardiac arrest, is a sudden, unexpected loss of heart function, breathing and unconsciousness. Treatments include- supportive care, medications, medical procedures and devices.
3) Ovarian cancer:
It is a form of cancer that begins in the female organs that produce ovaries. It often goes unrecognized until it starts spreading drastically within the stomach and pelvis.
Symptoms may include pain in the abdomen and pelvis regions, change in bowel habits, bloating, indigestion or nausea. Also standard are weight loss, abdominal fullness, and fluid in the abdomen or lumps. Treatments include-
- Surgeries like omentectomy, laparotomy, hysterectomy, lymph node dissection.
- Medications like chemotherapy.
- Medical procedures like radiation therapy.
Dr Max Mongelli, a gynaecologist in Sydney, Australia, provides a treatment which is second to none. He holds the Best Established Researcher Award by the Nepean Medical Foundation. He is currently a Clinical Associate Professor and Senior Consultant, providing pre-eminent help and tips to stay healthy.